Interview with an unidentified media outlet (Australia) ·· incomplete
- ?? November 1979
- [Mobile/Printer friendly format]
- No Internet sources
- Categories: Aga Khan IV ·· Audio/Video ·· Australia ·· Ignorance & Clash of Ignorance ·· Imamat ·· Incomplete ·· Interviews ·· Ismailis ·· Published
Do you think the that role of Imam is something everybody exactly understands?
Not in the West
INCOMPLETE AND UNIDENTIFIED: We regret that from this item, only the extracts below are available in the Archive or were made public by the reporter and we would be very grateful if any of our readers who may have a complete copy of the interview would kindly share it with us. Also, we have not been able to identify which media outlet conducted the interview and would therefore appreciate any of our visitors who recognise this interview and/or the media outlet — from the image, audio or text below — would kindly contact us. Please click here for information on making submissions to NanoWisdoms; we thank you for your assistance.
… what ever you follow spiritually is accepted by law by the followers?
His Highness the Aga Khan: You know the fundamentals of Islam are clear. I think my followers [inaudible] practise [inaudible]
Interviewer: Do you think the that role of Imam is something everybody exactly understands?
AK: Not in the West, certainly. I think in the East, yes. But I think the West, very, very [few people?] understand. [inaudible]
Interviewer: Would you like to see they understand it more [inaudible]?
AK: I think its fundamental. [inaudible] has got to happen in the next 10 to 15 …
- Audio: ismaili.net
POSSIBLY RELATED READINGS (GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY)
- Interview with an unidentified media outlet 9 days prior to the first Takht Nashini (Enthronement) Ceremony in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (London, United Kingdom?) ·· (19 October 1957)
- Interview by Pierre Dumayet (Chantilly, France) ·· (7 April 1961)
- Delhi Doordarshan Interview (New Delhi, India) ·· (15 January 1983)
- Three part Sunday Nation Interview (Nairobi, Kenya) ·· (October-December 1966)
- Interview with an unidentified media outlet, #1 (Cairo, Egypt) ·· (?? < 2007?)