Golden Jubilee Closing Message (Aiglemont)
- 13 December 2008
- [Mobile/Printer friendly format]
- No Internet sources
- Categories: Aga Khan IV ·· Aiglemont ·· Golden Jubilee Souvenir Book (extracts) ·· Institutions & Management ·· Ismailis ·· Ismailism ·· Messages ·· Published ·· Values ·· Volunteering (Time & Knowledge)
Because our institutions are growing very quickly, it is my hope and prayer that, 10 or 15 years from now, the Jamat’s capacity in most of the countries where it is living, will be very significant indeed, and that is what the Shia Ismaili Tariqah of Islam should achieve in the world.
I will be calling upon you from time to time in the future, to come to work with me, so that what we have decided to do together, from the end of the Golden Jubilee year onwards, actually and effectively is carried forward. Because our institutions are growing very quickly, it is my hope and prayer that, 10 or 15 years from now, the Jamat’s capacity in most of the countries where it is living, will be very significant indeed, and that is what the Shia Ismaili Tariqah of Islam should achieve in the world. I am ambitious for you in the right way, just as a father and mother are ambitious for their children. Both a father and a mother want their children to work well, properly and ethically, and to carry these values throughout their lives. These are the thoughts that I share with you, and although I will be leaving you physically today, I am always with you. I watch over you, I think of you, I pray for you, and I want you to know that I am always with my Jamath [sic].
- This message, which appears as the final page of the Golden Jubilee Souvenir Book, is an edited version of the final paragraph of the Aga Khan’s message to Ismailis at the conclusion of the celebrations to mark his Golden Jubilee (50 years) as Imam of the Ismaili Muslims.
Click here for extracts of the Aga Khan’s message at the Golden Jubilee Inaugural Ceremony.
- Golden Jubilee Souvenir Book, 2012, pp 147
[Text verified and/or corrected from this source by NanoWisdoms]
POSSIBLY RELATED READINGS (GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY)
- Luncheon hosted by Governor and First Lady of Georgia (Atlanta, Georgia , USA) ·· (18 April 2008)
- Golden Jubilee Inaugural Ceremony (Aiglemont) ·· (11 July 2007)
- Jamati Institutional Leaders Luncheon (Singapore) ·· (3 December 2008)
- Dinner hosted by President of Côte d’Ivoire (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire) ·· (28 April 2008)
- Luncheon hosted by Premier of British Columbia (Vancouver, Canada) ·· (25 November 2008)